Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday Miles with Sheenafitzai!

I am a RUNNER! (SPEAK IT TO EXISTENCE)

Losing weight has always been a challenge for me, the one thing I always thought I just couldn't do. 

When I started this Journey seven months ago, I knew I had to do whatever it takes to stay MOTIVATED. Documenting my journey on IG has helped me a lot, keeps me accountable, keeps me focused, shows me so many new recipes and workouts and suck great motivational quotes.  Signing up for the 5k Foam Face was another tool I used to motivate myself; I had something to look forward to and push myself for.  I had a lot of fun completing the Color Run in May and the 5k Foam Fest in June. 

Today July 21st 2014  I started my Monday Miles videos on YouTube, I committing to running 3.1 miles at least 3 times a week and plan to tape a video weekly about my progress. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to do the couch to 5k program. 

It felt good today going to the track afterwork; I was tired but I figured doing something different would be more fun than the gym. It was a nice day, I had my iPod in listening to music that was motivating me to keep on pushing. I need to make a running play list ASAP, I know I was wasting time messing with my iPod changing music etc. 

One day maybe I'll run a Marathon, who knows for now I'm just taking it one day at a time and focusing on my breathing and just enjoying the act of running. Trying to let my mind free and just jog and hoping to grow to love it.

It's so crazy that I'm sitting here writing about wanting to be a RUNNER, last year at this time if you told me I would have completed two 5ks and signed up for another in October I would have told you, you were CRAZY and I wasn't running no where. I'm so happy I decided to finally make this LIFESTYLE change. If I can do it so can you, lets motivate each other to get to our goals. One day, one better decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment