Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wednesday Miles: Keep on pushing!

I’m feeling great today; I actually woke up before work and got my miles in. My plan was to wake up at 5:20 am and meet the Black Girls Run group at 5:45am. However I woke up at 5:05 am and I told myself 5 more minutes of sleep but of course 5 more minutes turned into an hour.

Instead of making an excuse of I woke up too late (that’s my normal excuse lol), I jumped up used the bathroom, brushed my teeth and got to the track by 6:30am. Completed 3.1 miles in 41 minutes and 10 seconds, which is my fastest 5k to date.

At mile 1.5 I started thinking about how I should just do 2 miles instead of the 3.1. Then I started thinking about the quote “Don’t stop when you’re tired, stop when you’re done” and pushed myself to finish the 3.1. Since I told myself I was going to complete 3.1 miles before I started jogging, I wouldn’t let myself stop before I got there. I’ve noticed when I give myself a goal during my workouts, I push myself harder. Another goal I like to give myself when working out is to burn a certain amount of calories before leaving; sometimes I will have a daily calorie burn goal and sometimes it’s a weekly goal, I like to switch things up.

Going from being kind of lazy, okay let’s be honest I was LAZY, to working out almost every day isn’t easy. Every day is a battle within yourself to do what you know you need to do. Setting daily, weekly, monthly goals is what works for me. I also love participating in different challenges to help keep me motivated. Right now I’m participating in a challenge on Instagram called Fckbeingfat. I get 5 points when I work out for 45 minutes or 7 points for working out for an hour; it’s funny how just getting points motivates me to complete an hour work out a day.

This journey is all mental; you have to find whatever motivates you to keep on going. The more you put into making a LIFESTYLE change the more you will get out of it. Plus being active makes you feel so much better; I just wish I would have started years ago. Don’t waste another day saying I’ll start tomorrow, just start today and change something small. 



After my Jog : New to this blogging thing not sure how to rotate this lol sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment