Friday, December 19, 2014

NON Scale Victory! Changing my Blog Description! New Direction!

Old Blog Description: 

Follow me on my journey of becoming FIT!         


It started off about wanting to lose 100 pounds before I graduated with my MBA but its so much more than that.  I've learned the only way to be successful losing weight is to make it a LIFESTYLE change, no crazy DIETS just eating better, working out and staying motivated. It took me a long time and many failed attempts but I'm more determined than ever and enjoying this journey.


 12.11.14 WOW a year already!!



Felt like I wrote that a long time ago, fast forward to December 19th, 2014. It's Friday night and I'm up watching Bad Grandpa with Gregory (Omg this movie lmao); Izaiah is spending the night at Gregory's parents house. I finished my last class on Tuesday, so that means I'm officially finished with Graduate school, so HAPPY I don't have to wake up tomorrow morning for an 8am class :)! 

This year has been one of the hardest but most rewarding years of my life; documenting my journey and making my lifestyle change a priority made 2014 an unforgettable year. I am committed to living a healthy lifestyle and will never go back #speakitintoexistence!


I participated in different challenges on Instagram, found recipes, friends, motivational quotes, different things to help keep me motivated. I participated in about 8 different races, as I type that it still feels crazy to say. November 2013 my response to being asked to participate in a Turkey Trot was "You want me to pay someone, to wakeup early, on Thanksgiving to run 3.1 miles? Are you crazy? November 2014 I particpate in a 5k Turkey Trot on the Saturday before Thanksgving and a 5 mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day. Its so crazy how much can change when you change the way you think.

I thought losing weight was IMPOSSIBLE, I thought I was meant to be big. On December 11th, 2013 I told my myself I wasn't meant to be big and it was POSSIBLE. It's of looking at losing weight as a negative, I went into happy to start my journey. I started off making small changes and just focusing on being consistent. I've learned you don't have to be extreme to lose the weight, you can still live your life and reach your goals.

You have to get your mind right before anything. I was inspired by others on Instagram and YouTube and never imagined a year later, people would be saying how I inspired them. I am so committed to this lifestyle and I want others to know if I can do it, SO CAN YOU. Losing weight isn't impossible, you have to stop making excuses and tell yourself you can do it. You don't have to be perfect, 80/20! Lifestyle change, diets don't work!


No comments:

Post a Comment